Swisscard must comply with various regulatory requirements. These include that Swisscard requires a certified copy of identification documents for a person once a certain limit is exceeded with regard to the maximum possible spending limit for all issued credit card products.
Certified copy of identification documents
A Swiss passport, Swiss identity card or Swiss residence permit for foreigners for example are recognized as identification documents. You can have a copy of your identification documents certified as authentic online, by your bank, at any SBB or post office counter or by your local residents’ registration office.
Important information: offices for certified copy of identification documents
It is currently possible that some of the locations listed below will not provide an on-site service.
For this reason, we ask our customers to have the copy of their identification documents certified as authentic online using video identification. There are no costs for online video identification.
Authorities for certified copies of identity documents
You can have a copy of your passport certified as authentic at various authorities. These include:
- Notary or public and/or official organization, e.g. municipal offices, residents, registration offices, courts
- Your bank or banks that are authorized in Switzerland, including Swiss branches of foreign banks
- The Swiss Post
- Over the counter at SBB or Western Union or at an exchange office
- Attorneys who are listed in the Swiss Register of Attorneys
- Notary or official organization (e.g. courts, embassies, consulates)
- A foreign branch or representative office of a group company of Credit Suisse Group AG in the banking or financial services industry
- Foreign bank (located in an FATF country)