Swisscard must comply with various regulatory requirements. These include that Swisscard requires a certified copy of identification documents for a person once a certain limit is exceeded with regard to the maximum possible spending limit for all issued credit card products.
Certified copy of identification documents
A Swiss passport, Swiss identity card or Swiss residence permit for foreigners for example are recognized as identification documents. You can have a copy of your identification documents certified as authentic online, by your bank, at any SBB or post office counter or by your local residents’ registration office.
Important information: offices for certified copy of identification documents
It is currently possible that some of the locations listed below will not provide an on-site service.
For this reason, we ask our customers to have the copy of their identification documents certified as authentic online using video identification. There are no costs for online video identification.
- SBB counter
- Post office counter
- Credit Suisse / NAB branches
- Residents’ registration offices
- FINMA-certified bank in Switzerland
- Attorney listed in the Swiss register of attorneys in Switzerland
- A branch office or subsidiary of a Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd. group company in the banking or finance sector
- A bank approved and supervised for this purpose by a local foreign supervisory body, which is domiciled in a country that is a FATF member
- A notary or official authority (e.g. courts, embassies, consulates)