Swisscard in figures
Who are we, what does success mean to us and what defines us as a company? Figures that distinguish us and also make us a little bit proud.
Number of Swisscard cards on the market
Number of card products
Number of American Express acceptance points in Switzerland
Market share of card turnover
Highest card transaction made
Number of employees
- 2021 Introduction of the new Swisscard Way of Work (S-WoW), our hybrid working model for more flexibility. Employees organize themselves in teams and combine remote work and presence in the office.
- 2020 Due to the coronavirus 97% of employees successfully work from home.
- 2015 Transfer of card issuing from Credit Suisse to Swisscard. Credit Suisse and American Express remain joint owners of Swisscard. Swisscard takes over roughly 1.5 million card agreements from Credit Suisse.
- 2007 Swisscard issues its millionth card.
- 2005 Move within Horgen to today’s company offices in Horgen-Oberdorf
- 2001 Swisscard AECS moves from Zurich to new company offices in Horgen.
- 1998 Establishment of Swisscard AECS as a joint venture between American Express and Credit Suisse
- 2021 Re-launch of the Centurion Card with exclusive card designs by renowned artists
- 2020 Re-launch of the Platinum Card from American Express as a metal card
- 2019 Launch of the Cashback Cards as the first card duo without an annual fee
- 2018 Launch of SwatchPAY!
- 2017 Launch of the first Swisscard prepaid card, the wow Visa Prepaid Card
- 2016 Swisscard is the first major card provider in Switzerland to introduce Apple Pay and Samsung Pay mobile payment solutions.
- 2014 Better security: Swisscard is the first European issuer to introduce the Transakt app for simple, secure online payments based on the 3-D Secure” process.
- 2012 More convenience and fast payments: The contactless function is introduced with SWISS Miles & More.
- 2010 Swisscard is a pioneer in terms of security: 3-D Secure is tested as a pilot for Mastercard and Visa online transactions.
- 2008 Launch of Credit Suisse AG’s Bonviva Banking Packages with the Bonviva credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa)
- 2006 Launch of the first credit card in Switzerland with no annual fee, the Coop SUPERCARDplus
- 2004 Launch of the BLUE from American Express with interactive chip technology and offering lifestyle programs
- 2002 Launch in Switzerland of the most exclusive credit card worldwide, the Centurion Card from American Express
- 2021 Swisscard app innovation with new functions such as PIN display or payment with loyalty points (MilesPay, Pay with Points), among others
- 2020 Launch of the new Swisscard app
- 2018 Introduction of speech recognition in customer service with SPITCH
- 2015 Introduction of the digital Swiss Wallet, in cooperation with Aduno and Netcetera. With Swiss Wallet, consumers can store and manage their credit cards centrally.
- 2013 Banking goes mobile: launch of cardservice, the online credit card account access for Swisscard customers with accompanying app for iOS and Android
- 1998 Establishment of a new IT platform for the integrated processing and management of American Express, Mastercard and Visa credit cards