Travel offers plenty of variety, exciting experiences and unexpected moments. With the Travel Insurance from Swisscard, you and your family receive additional convenience and protection in emergency situations at home and abroad. Make use of our offer and enjoy relaxed travel.
The advantages of Travel Insurance
This insurance is only valid for people who have their permanent place of residence or usual abode in Switzerland.
The person who has taken out the collective insurance agreement with Swisscard is insured (principal cardholder). The following people are also insured in addition to the principal cardholder:
- Additional cardholder
- Spouse or cohabiting partner
- The principal or additional cardholder’s minor children and minor foster children (regardless of whether they live in the same household with the principal/additional cardholder)
- The following people living in the same household with the principal or additional cardholder: parents, grandparents, adult children and grandchildren
We reimburse your travel costs* if, for example, you cannot commence the trip or have to curtail it early due to one of the events below:
- Serious illness, accident or death (of a person close to you too)
- Strikes, unrest or extreme weather conditions (e.g. hurricanes or volcanic eruptions)
- Damage to property at home (e.g. fire, theft)
- Termination of employment through no fault of your own
This list is not exhaustive.
* For example, the actual cancellation costs incurred for flights, hotels, rental cars, etc., costs for temporary return home or additional costs due to delayed commencement.
Your personal luggage is covered against theft, damage and loss during the trip at its replacement value and without any excess.
For example, in the event of serious illness, accident or death during travel (this list is not exhaustive) we cover the costs for:
- repatriation to your residence,
- transport to the nearest suitable hospital for treatment,
- travel costs for a person close to you,
- search and rescue operations.
Delayed flight? Luggage not arrived? You enjoy the following insurance coverage with the following inconveniences during your trip:
- If a flight is canceled or delayed by at least 4 hours, you are reimbursed the costs for food and drink, hotel accommodation and alternative transport up to the following sum:
- Classic option: CHF 200
- Premium option: CHF 400
- Exclusive option: CHF 800
- If your luggage is delayed by at least 6 hours on the outbound flight, you are reimbursed the costs for purchasing any necessary clothing and toiletries up to the following sum:
- Classic option: CHF 400
- Premium option: CHF 800
- Exclusive option: CHF 1,000
- If your luggage is delayed by at least 48 hours on the outbound flight, you are reimbursed the costs for purchasing any necessary clothing and toiletries up to the following sum:
- Classic option: CHF 800
- Premium option: CHF 1,600
* Please refer to the registration form and General Terms and Conditions of Insurance for the full benefits and details regarding the individual insured risks.