You can make easy and secure mobile payments using Samsung Pay.
You can just as easily use Samsung Pay wherever you use your standard card.
How to set up Samsung Pay on your Samsung Galaxy:
- Add card
Open the Samsung Pay app, select "Add" and then "Add card".
- Enter card details
Scan your standard card details, follow the instructions and you’re ready to go.
How to set up Samsung Pay for your Gear S3:
- Select and hold the "Back" button on your smartphone to start Samsung Pay.
- Select the standard card by turning the bezel.
- Press "Pay" to pay.
- Hold the Gear S3 up to the terminal to complete the purchase.
Samsung Pay is Samsung’s mobile payment solution. It enables the user to pay in a store quickly, easily and safely with a smartphone or also with a Gear Watch.
Samsung Pay works with near-field communication technology (NFC) which enables contactless payments, and also with Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST), a payment solution that can be used at point of sale terminals that can only read magnetic strips.
Paying with Samsung Pay is fast and easy:
- Launch Samsung Pay by swiping up from the home button or by opening the Samsung Pay app from your home screen
- Swipe left or right to select the card with which you’d like to pay
- Authenticate the payment with your fingerprint or PIN
- Hold your smartphone up to the point of sale terminal to conclude the transaction
When your smartphone vibrates or you hear a signal, a confirmation will appear on your device.
Samsung Pay is a very safe payment method. Here’s why:
- The card number is never stored on the machine. Instead, each card is assigned a unique identification number. This token is encrypted and provides protection by way of a physically separate chip stored in your device (as is, for example, your fingerprint). Normal apps or malware have no access to the information on this chip.
- When a purchase is made with Samsung Pay, the identification number is used together with a unique and dynamic security code which is newly generated by every transaction in order to process the payment. This means that your card number is never given to the retailer.
- Every payment over Samsung Pay must be authorized by the user – either by fingerprint or with a PIN.
- Samsung Knox monitors and protects your device from malware. If Samsung Knox discovers any malware, it will deactivate Samsung Pay.
Supported devices for Samsung Pay:
- Samsung Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 edge*, Galaxy S6, Galaxy A8, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy A6, Galaxy A5 (2017), Galaxy A5 (2016), Galaxy A3 (2017)*, Galaxy J7 (2017)*, Galaxy J5 (2017)*, Galaxy Watch, Gear Sport* und Gear S3 Classic / Frontier
* Only NFC compatible and not MST compatible
Open the Samsung Pay app and follow the instructions for registering the card. In just a few steps, you’ll be ready to start using Samsung Pay.
You can find answers to technical and other questions at samsungpay.ch
Samsung Pay will be available for the following private cards:
- American Express Charge Cards
- SWISS Miles & More Credit Cards
- SWISS Crew Credit Cards
- mydrive Credit Cards
- BLUE from American Express
- American Express Credit Card Gold
- Neutral Mastercards (incl. Mastercard Platinum)
- wow Visa Card
- Cashback Credit Cards
Thanks for your feedback.
We strive to improve our website constantly. Can you help us by giving us two minutes of your time for a feedback?Start the survey