Terms and Conditions for Globus Platinum benefit
Terms and Conditions for Globus Platinum Credit and Registration as a Globus Pluscard Platinum Member (“Terms of Participation”)
1. Object and relationship with other terms and conditions
This document describes who is eligible for a Globus Platinum Credit and Globus Pluscard Platinum membership, and subject to which conditions.
The Terms of Participation apply supplementally to the other terms and conditions applicable between Swisscard and the Cardholder, particularly the General Terms & Conditions of Swisscard (“GTCs”) and the further product and service terms and conditions applicable for the respective card. The Terms of Participation will take precedence in the event of contradictions.
2. Globus Platinum credit
2.1 Content, prerequisites and exclusions
Principal cardholders (“Entitled Cardholders”) of the following cards of Swisscard AECS GmbH (“Swisscard”) shall be eligible:
- American Express Platinum charge card
- American Express Platinum credit card in the CSX bundle
Swisscard shall credit an amount of CHF 100.00 once each year (“Globus Platinum Credit”) to the Swisscard card account of the Entitled Cardholder (“Beneficiary Account”) following a purchase from Magazine zum Globus AG (The Globe Stores Ltd) (“Globus”) worth at least CHF 300.00. This shall occur subject to the following prerequisites and exclusions:
The principal cardholder has signed up for Globus Platinum Credit (see No. 2.2) and has not given notice to terminate his/her Beneficiary Account.
- is made using an Eligible Card.
- is made at a shop or other retail outlet of Globus in Switzerland. Purchases made in Globus restaurants (except those operated by Globus) shall not be eligible for the Credit.
- amounts to at least CHF 300.00. is paid for in full in one single card transaction using an Eligible Card. Entitlement to the Globus Platinum Credit cannot be established by cumulating multiple transactions (e.g. two purchases of CHF 200.00 that are not settled in a single card transaction).
Only one purchase that fulfils these terms can trigger the Credit (“Triggering Transaction”).
- Entitlement to a Globus Platinum Credit shall arise once each calendar year for each Beneficiary Account, provided that all of the prerequisites set forth in these Terms and Conditions have been met.
- Each Eligible Card issued for the Beneficiary Account – thus also including additional cards – can trigger the Globus Platinum Credit on the Beneficiary Account.
- Swisscard shall apply the amount of the Credit exclusively to the Beneficiary Account. No cash payment or any other form of compensation shall be made.
- If no Triggering Transaction is concluded during any given calendar year, there shall accordingly be no entitlement to a Globus Platinum Credit for the respective calendar year.
- The offer applies for a fixed term to Triggering Transactions concluded until 31 December 2024. The relevant date shall be the date of the transaction.
Swisscard may not apply the Globus Platinum Credit, or may recover it if it has already been applied, in particular under the following circumstances:
- invoices relating to the Beneficiary Account have not been settled on time;
- the Triggering Transaction is reversed (e.g. in the event that the transaction is disputed);
- a holder of an Eligible Card violates the GTCs or other product and service terms and conditions of Swisscard
The Entitled Cardholder must declare through the website www.americanexpress.ch/globus or in any other manner prescribed by Swisscard that he/she wishes to receive the Globus Platinum Credit and must enter the information requested. Holders of additional cards cannot register.
3. Globus Pluscard Platinum membership
In registering for a Globus Platinum Credit, Entitled Cardholders will also obtain one free Pluscard Platinum membership of Globus. This entitles Swisscard to transmit the necessary personal data (e.g. gender, name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth) to Globus. Only the holder of the principal card shall be registered. Holders of additional cards shall not obtain a Pluscard Platinum membership and their data shall not be transmitted to Globus. Globus will generally activate the Pluscard Platinum membership within four weeks of registration.
4. Cancellation of registration
Entitled Cardholders may cancel their registration for Globus Platinum Credit at any time on www.americanexpress.ch/globus. Swisscard shall give notice of this to Globus, following which Globus shall be responsible for terminating membership of Globus Pluscard Platinum. The same shall also apply in the event that the Beneficiary Account is closed owing to the cancellation of an Eligible Card.
Entitled Cardholders may cancel their Globus Pluscard Platinum membership at any time directly with Globus, following which Globus shall be entitled to inform Swisscard accordingly. This shall result in the withdrawal of the Globus Platinum Credit.
5. Data processing
7. Governing law and place of jurisdiction
The applicable law and place of jurisdiction shall be determined according to the provisions of the GTCs.