Chip & PIN cards - all you need to know
When paying for a product using your credit card you will find PIN codes are increasingly replacing signatures, making them indispensable for using your credit card.
Your Chip & PIN card is suitable for all payment types
- Enter your PIN code when you are requested to*
- Sign a receipt if you do not have to enter your PIN code
- There are also terminals where you can pay without entering your PIN code or signing a receipt, e.g. when entering and exiting car parks, or when filling up your car at a gas station
How to use your Chip & PIN card safely:
- Sign the back of your new Chip & PIN card immediately
- Do not throw your card receipts away where they could be accessible to anyone else
- IMMEDIATELY block your card if it is lost or stolen through our Customer service
How to use your PIN code safely
- You will receive the PIN code for your new card by separate mail
- Keep your PIN code and credit card separate at all times
- Never write down your PIN code on your credit card
- You can change your PIN code at any time at any suitable ATM at a bank in Switzerland (not possible at Postfinance ATMs)
- Do not choose an easily accessible combination of numbers for your PIN code, such as birthdays, telephone numbers, car registrations etc
- Memorize your PIN code, and never write it down anywhere
- Never give your PIN code to anyone (not even when paying online or speaking to our customer service)
- Remember to conceal your PIN code when entering it so that nobody can see it
New credit card, new PIN code?
When your credit card is renewed (after the previous period of validity has elapsed), your existing PIN code will remain unchanged.
Have you forgotten or lost your PIN code?
No problem. You can order your new PIN code easily in the following ways:
For further information about PIN codes please refer to the General Terms and Conditions (GTC).
*You may still have to sign a receipt even if you have entered your PIN code.