The liberalization of the credit card market in Switzerland in 1997 paved the way for American Express and Credit Suisse to merge their credit card activities in the joint venture Swisscard AECS GmbH. Swisscard ideally combines the complementary strengths of the founding companies, with American Express being the global leader as far as card management is concerned and Credit Suisse owning strong national sales channels.
Market leader in Switzerland
- Over 30 card products, tailored to the needs of private individuals and corporate clients
- No. 1 in frequent flyer and business traveler cards
- No. 1 in the discerning private customer business
- No. 1 in the corporate client business
- No. 1 in the co-branding card business (Miles & More)
- No. 1 for free cards (Coop)*